Our Stories : History & Heritage / See All
The Key to Hospitality
The Origin of our New Logo
In 2010, on the corner of Broadway and Perry Street, a contractor who’d been widening Cape May’s drainage system spotted a key inscribed with the initials AK. Sensing this might be no ordinary discovery, the man brought the key to Congress Hall, where he learned it had once belonged to Annie Knight, who owned the hotel from 1904 to 1931, and whose father, Edward, was the owner who rebuilt the hotel after the Great Fire of 1878. The man graciously turned over the key, which was incorporated into Congress Hall’s new logo.