Baron’s Cove, a luxury resort hotel and restaurant in the Hamptons, is currently hiring a General Manager; a leader who not only possesses the business acumen necessary for financial profitability, but also shares our dedication to providing outstanding customer service, upholding standards and ensuring our guests enjoy an unparalleled experience.
Baron’s Cove was voted one of the top hotels in New York and the Mid-Atlantic region by Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards in 2017 and, last year, one of the best 50 hotels in the world.Situated directly on the marina and a short walk from Sag Harbor’s Main Street, Barons Cove offers the ideal Hamptons getaway. With three fireplaces to cozy up to during the winter, as well as beach shuttle, pool, gym and tennis court to take advantage of during the summer, Barons Cove provides year-round activities and amenities for all of its guests.
The 67-room hotel was fully renovated in 2015 with a brand new restaurant and kitchen built from the ground up to serve 87 dining room seats, cocktail lounge, pool, and meeting room. The three meal/day restaurant and lounge overlook the harbor providing beautiful sunsets and an attractive setting for all patrons.
At Barons Cove, we embrace the history of the original 1960’s hotel, which boasted prominent guests including John and Elaine Steinbeck, Paul Newman, Art Garfunkel, and Richard Kind. Local leaders, out of town guests, and regional artists—Jackson Pollock, Willem and Elaine de Kooning, Truman Capote, George Plimpton, and Kurt Vonnegut, to name just a few—regularly gathered in the restaurant and hotel. Today, we offer that same spirit of creativity and community while also offering up-to-date amenities and top dining experience expected from a modern resort.
Please visit our website for more information about the property: www.baronscove.com
Position Overview : Leads, directs and coordinates the staff and management teams through daily interaction, coaching and mentoring. Direct and coordinate all hotel departments to develop and implement long range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives. Uphold our company values: Service, standards, support.
These duties may be described as, but not limited to:
- Create and maintain customer service-driven hospitality via strong floor presence and guest interaction.
- Oversee the quality process and standards to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service, in accordance with hotel’s profitability goals.
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning that includes sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Drive each outlet’s business plan, (weekly/monthly) with staff and management to keep initiatives front of mind.
- Review and participate in preparation of accounting analysis for: budgetary planning and implementation, financial reporting, and submittal of capital expenditures.
- Oversee multi-departmental payroll, monitor overtime, and seek efficiencies in scheduling.
- Perform administrative duties including: oral and written communicating with guests, managers, executive committee, local associations, etc.
- Actively participate in revenue, rate and occupancy management discussions and strategy.
- Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits.
- Enforce reporting of quarterly goals and initiatives and relate takeaways to revision of business plan, monthly forecasts and annual budget.
- Interview, hire, supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective areas.
- Develop and delegate improvement plans for hotel and F&B departments and review performance of management team.
- Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
- Appropriately handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Cape Resorts’ policies.
- Participate in direct market research, competitor analysis and customer service and retention monitoring process and initiatives.
- Inspect overall property condition and physical plant and display understanding and curiosity as to how systems and mechanicals work.
- Daily inspection of guest rooms and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong understanding of P&L and budgets.
- Strong understanding of revenue management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations including: marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and offer candid management reviews to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Set priorities, plan, organize, delegate and follow-up.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Leadership: Demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Management: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities via strategic planning.
- Timely analysis and resolution of conflicts involving guests or employees.
- Employee training, coaching and development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a GM, Assistant GM or equivalent management experience
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create lead and motivate a management team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office